card art 17
once I sorted out the design, I trimmed the large 12" square paper to smaller, 2.5" x 3" rectangles but to add another degree of difficulty, I wanted the stripes to run diagonally. needless to
I cut the ribbon into 9" lengths, wrapped it around the striped paper and tied it like a gift. I swore I wasn't going to use rubber cement again but it was the easiest adhesive with the least amount of mess. I had already written the inside of the card so there were low risks of drinking wine while working.
some fun facts about this year's work:
- not only did I address envelopes first, I finally digitized my address book!
- I still hand wrote the envelopes
- the card was sent horizontal but it works both ways
- I needed the girls to help again because I was so behind schedule
- there were only 4 steps in the process - cut paper, cut
ribbon, tie ribbon, glue to card
- #cardart16 was mostly red with a green ribbon but I really didn't like the green striped paper so it's kind of repeat
- this card is probably #3 on my 'least favorite designs' list
- #cardart13 is my least favorite ever.
the better gift was on the inside 👇🏻