over the sleepy time between Christmas and New Years, the kids and I had a blast with puzzles. a couple were gifted and when we finished those, we bought two more. and then a couple more… we were obsessed.
I thought it would be fun to make a custom puzzle using an image of my beads so I poked around the internet to make it happen. I’ve used shutterfly in the past to make custom puzzles but they only print rectangular puzzles and the image I wanted to use was square. I found collage and gave it a whirl.
a few things to note -
- the box the puzzle came had a tiny image and the colors were waaaay off. fortunately I had the original image on my phone to help with solving and luckily the finished puzzle colors matched the original photo.
- collage.com puzzle pieces are weirdly thin and either don’t fit together very easily or multiple pieces worked in the same spot.
- the puzzle was shiny which made it really hard to see what we were working with. I never thought about it before but there’s a reason puzzles are usually matte.
- also, the paper on the pieces peeled off easily.
- not the fault of collage.com but there is WAAAAY too much white in this puzzle. I struggled with those big corner sections.
I’d love to try another custom puzzle but would probably go back to shutterfly. I’m also wondering what else I can customize with my beads!